I try to be a friendly person.
Lately, I feel like this friendliness is a waste. Now you may ask, "How can being friendly be a waste?" Well, I will tell you.
Lately, more than ever before, my friendly waves have gone unnoticed leaving me looking like a crazy person just waving randomly at space. It probably doesn't help that I laugh at myself afterwards as I walk away. I am pretty positive that the BYU student population views me as a psychotic, waving fool.
This has happened to me in the library, the Wilkinson Center, classrooms, hallways, the gym, sidewalks, crosswalks - you name it, I'm sure I have waved there.
My personal favorites are when people I don't even know will think I am waving at them so they kind of wave back out of respect. They look very confused but I appreciate their responses.
The best story I have for you was not me doing the waving, but actually the responding. I was waiting to cross the street when this car pulls up and a guy inside the car starts waving, laughing, and talking to me. Being the friendly human that I am, I kind of laugh and reply, "I have no idea what you are saying..." in which I hear a voice behind me push through the crowd and start responding to the man in the car. Boy, did I feel dumb. The man and I both just kind of looked at each other awkwardly. Never has a crosswalk light lasted so long.
All I can do is hope that someday my empty waving pays off. At least I get an arm work out from it, right?
I end this post by asking all my readers to please be kind and pay attention to those attempting to get your attention...especially if it is me. :)
Xoxo
ah if I've ever been the one not to notice I apologize! I think you are one of the sweetest girls I know. Your friendliness is a great example to me, so keep it up:)
ReplyDeleteBrittany, dear! I am all new to this blogging world but let's be friends on here, too! For some reason I can't see your page! Anywho, thank you for your kind words! :) YOU are one of the sweetest girls I know, seriously!!! I have loved getting to know you and seeing your cute face around Tingey. <3
ReplyDeleteAww thank you so much:) My blog is brittsblips.blogspot.com
DeleteI'll bet you meet your future husband with a friendly wave! :)
ReplyDelete