September 16, 2013

Barcelona.

Since I was little, I have wanted to visit Barcelona, Spain.

I wanted to see La Sagrada Familia and bask in Gaudí's architectural glory.


 I wanted to dance like a Cheetah Girl at Park Güell.


I wanted to stroll Las Ramblas.


I wanted to dance with Flamenco pros.

 

I wanted to eat churros y xolate.


I wanted to swing over the Barcelona streets.


I wanted to hang out with this perfect little man in front of Monjuic.


I wanted to explore the cathedrals and their rich religious history.


I wanted to try their cuisine - I love Paella!


I didn't really want to go to a bullfight - but I did. And cried.

 

I love this city.








Spain was incredible. My pictures do not even capture half of the beautiful and amazing things I was able to experience and see. Every day I think of something that reminds me of Spain and my heart aches for that tremendous country. I cannot think of an adequate way to say in words just how truly fantastic it was. Words just do not do it justice. ¡Barcelona es la ciudad de mis sueños y yo quiero vivir allí para siempre!

And I owe it all to this wonderful family right here! They are some of my favorite people in the world.


From dragging luggage from metro to metro to losing wallets, from emergency surgery with a bobby pin to remove a shoved flower from a small child's nose to never really knowing what the meat we were buying was, from pushing a double wide stroller through the tiny streets of Europe to the small bathroom all nine of us shared - it was the adventure of a life time. Thank you for allowing me to join you on the trip of my dreams! It was the two most fabulous months ever! I loved every minute. I will never forget my summer in Spain.



So, who is down to go back?


Barcelona, te amo.

Xoxo

3 comments:

  1. you're so cute cass!
    I remember when you saw that bull fight you said it was so traumatic haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry! I love you Cassie! I wish you could be my daughter. I'm so proud of the amazing person you are. You have a great testimony and the people of Brazil are lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, Kristina! I consider you one of my best friends! You are too young to be my mom. :) Thank you for your kind words! I am so excited to be a missionary and I am so excited that you were there when I got to open my call! I feel a lot of comfort knowing that you have been there before and say it is wonderful. I still can't believe our Spanish adventure is over!!! I think about it everyday. I think our next adventure should be your family joining mine when they pick me up in Brazil. ;) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete