While en route to and from Barcelona, we were fortunate to spend some days in Spain's capital,
Madrid.
Madrid and Barcelona feel very different from each other. Barcelona is located on the Mediterranean and has a much more laid back, beachy-kind of feeling. Barcelona reminded me a lot of South America at some points with its green, lush rolling hills. Madrid, on the other hand, is much more "European" to me. It has the architecture you would imagine from an old European city with the small, crowded streets and the lifestyle felt a lot more face paced. Despite their differences, they both are wonderful.
The first couple days in Madrid were a little bit of a culture shock. It was weird being in a place where everyone spoke Spanish! Thankfully, I know quite a bit of Spanish but it still took some time for me to adjust.
One of my favorite things that happened in Madrid was when we were at a restaurant and the waiter was amazed at how many children were with us. He told us that we had enough for a soccer team! :)
I also really enjoyed El Prado, the national museum located in Madrid. It is the home to numerous famous pieces of art and I really enjoyed seeing pieces that I had studied in my Humanities class at school.
 |
| El Banco |
 |
| Parque de Buen Retiro |
 |
| Arc de Madrid |
 |
| Me and my little Spanish familia |
 |
| Metropolis |
 |
| Palacio Real |
 |
| Bullfight |
 |
| Loved the streets of Madrid. |
Once again, no words can capture my love for the beautiful country of España! I would go back in a heart beat! Such a lively, colorful country filled with wonderful people and places.
¡Viva España!
Xoxo
I love it Cassie! Super cute new layout!
ReplyDelete