I hope all is going well in your neck of the woods! I heard this quote and it reminded me of missionary work in Brasil because of the heat...
"Be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly Cause."
Brasil is so hot! I think this quote is perfect because everyday we march all over this city teaching people of Jesus Christ while it feels like I am in an oven baking. SO applicable! I love this work and feel so blessed to be here, even with the heat.
Big news this week is that I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Lucero and she is great! She is from Argentina which is funny because Brasilians do not like Argentina at all because of the rivalry with soccer. They openly say really rude stuff in front of her about Argentina - she says she is a little afraid for when the World Cup starts in June! People won't actually do anything of course but it will be a little uncomfortable if they play each other. She works really hard and I have already learned so much with her. She only has six months and I only have three but we work really well together and have a lot of fun. I am excited for this transfer!
We were supposed to have a baptism this week but decided to postpone it so that Erica can have more time in church but then she didn't make it to church this week so we will see...my life in Brasil! People do not keep committments. Oh, Brasil! We have some REALLY great potentials but their problem is that they need to get married. No one is married in Brasil - only living together. It is a pain but I know The Lord will provide a way.
This past week I received many answers to my prayers and am so thankful! I think my favorite part of missionary work is the joy and peace we can bring to people. We have three families that we are teaching that literally beg to have us at their home because they love what a difference just our presence makes. I love seeing what a difference this Gospel makes in the lives of these families - they are much happier. I know that the little things like family prayer, scripture study, and church attendance open the door to family happiness and blessings! I encourage you all test it out this week! I know you will see a drastic change.
I ate ice cream made with corn this week - it was interesting. Corn is HUGE here!
The Branch had a dance this week so we stopped by to see if there were investigators and all the members wanted me to dance - haha. So sad that I couldn't! Brasilians love to party. The night really begins at 11 here.
Things have cooled down which is nice. We got some rain finally! Floods the streets. Sometimes we get stranded at homes...even at homes we don't really want to be at, haha.
A funny story of this week was a member who drives a city bus drove by and honked and waved so I waved back but Sister Lucero didn't know he was a member so she got pretty offended that I waved back, haha. But then I explained the situation. :) It was funny.
Other than that, this week has been pretty tranquilo. Lots of hard work which makes me exhausted but I love it. Exhaustion means it was a good day! I meet lots of interesting characters every day - love it. Love my time here in Brasil. This week will make three months! Feels like I have been here forever but I love it.
I hope you all are doing so well and loving life! I love you all!
Sister Serre
Sister Serre and Sister Lucero
First zone conference!


No comments:
Post a Comment