May 21, 2014

Transfers!

Hello everyone!

So this past week was rather uneventful. Like I said in my last email, we had some really, really great investigators and I was so excited to work with them. Everything was going so well until this week each of them called and told us they couldn't receive us anymore. It was pretty devastating. But so is life - we continue on!

Last night we found out about transfers and I have been transferred! I couldn't believe it! I only have five short weeks here in Americana 1 and will miss the members dearly. Just when I was getting adjusted I will be moved to a new area! I will move to a new part of the city of Americana and will train again. Tomorrow I head to Piracicaba to pick up my little newbie. Opening an area (since both of us will be new in the area, it is called "opening an area") and training will be an adventure but I know The Lord will always help me. It is a little overwhelming to think about but also extremely humbling to know just how much trust The Lord has in me.

Other than that big news, we are just working away here! The other day I ate some chicken that made me really, really sick. All the members thought it was Dengue but luckily some extra sleep and lots of liquids helped me to recover fast. I slept with thermals, my pajamas, two down comforters and still felt so cold! I just laid in my bed the whole night trying not to die! It was horrible. I am still not at 100% but I am getting there! I received a Priesthood blessing and know that is what helped my body recover so fast. How thankful I am for the power of the Priesthood in my life!

The other day I read a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants that talks about how if we don't use our talents to help other people, The Lord will take them away. The scripture specifcally mentions the fear of man preventing the progression of The Lord's work. After I read that, I made an especially strong effort to speak to as many people as possible! Who am I to doubt the power of God and the Gift of Tongues?

I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the warmer weather as I enjoy the colder. :)

Much love!
Sister Serre

No comments:

Post a Comment