August 31, 2014

A nation in mourning



om dia, genteee!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY TWO FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!!! Hard to believe that tomorrow my two little sisters, Rachel and Alyssa, hit 12 years old! Love them to death!


Yes, Brasil is in mourning. Neymar Jr. is broken! Apparently during the last World Cup game, he was hit pretty hard and now has a broken vertebrae. I saw the hit - it was intense! The next game is tomorrow and I am excited to watch! Now that the US is out of the games, my only hope is Brasil.


Everyone and their dog stopped me in the street to tell me that the US lost. Depressing.


Despite the loss of Brasil's most infamous player, the work here in Americana has continued on and last Saturday we had a baptism! The baptism of Monah was by far the most spiritual and special baptism of my mission. She really was prepared by The Lord. The other day she told me, "I feel like I was already born Mormon!" Haha, so great. She is already making plans to go to the temple and start preparing for a mission. I feel immensely blessed to have been able to be part of this journey with Monah. Yesterday, we had testimony meeting and almost everyone bore their testimony with some relation to Monah and missionary work.


As we were sitting in the chapel, I asked Monah if she was going to bear her testimony and she said, "I don't like speaking in public - I get so nervous!" And I didn't say anything else, but about 10 minutes later she said, "I feel like I need to go up there and bear my testimony and conversion story. Could you stand next to me?" So we went up there and after I bore my testimony, she bore a powerful testimony about the truthfulness of the Gospel. It was so cool!


Yesterday was a very special day - not only are we working with investigators but also with families that are less active. We had two entire families of less actives at church yesterday! It is so great seeing the fruit of our labors - baptism and less active families returing to church together. The members are also loving all our work too and have been showing a lot more trust in us. They are even asking for pictures! I feel like a celebrity at times. ;)


I know the Church of Jeus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true! I feel so blessed to be a missionary here in Brasil teaching other people about The Lord's restored church.


I hope you all have a wonderful week! Cheer on Brasil!


Love you all!
Sister Serre


Me and tiny bananas that someone gave me and our baptism picture with Monah!

No comments:

Post a Comment